Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Chapter 1

The first chapter equates looking for love to looking for a new job.  If you lost your job you would spend the majority of your time looking for a new job by working on your resume, hunting down new leads in the newspaper or online, networking, job fairs...anything to help you reach your goal!  Her point is you need to prioritize finding love first on your list as you would with any other goal you're working towards.

During my first month this book is suppose to teach me to recognize my deadly dating patterns, master the dating program of three and use the powerhouse secrets of successful online dating (I could really use the help there...)

She suggests forming a team love group, but I think I'm ahead of the game already since I started this with a group of girlfriends!  I already have four exercises and a homework assignment after completing the first chapter:

     1. Exercise 1 - The right time to believe in love...in your notebook divide up a blank page; write no, not now on the left side and yes, now on the right side. Say the sentence this is the right time to believe in love over and over and then write reasons why it is or is not in each column.                                                        

  • I know this sounds hokey, but I at least did it in my head and quite frankly I really can't come up with any serious reasons for the no, not now column....except maybe how messy my house is and I wouldn't want to bring someone home to see that!

     2. Exercise 2 - How do you spend your time? The example used was from one of her students who broke down her 168 hour work week and couldn't account for 16 hours of her time.  So the idea is to pay attention to how you spend all your time in a week to figure out how much time you really squander away...time that could be better served working towards this program! (Of course she would say that...I'd probably spend that extra time out on the slopes if I could ski this year!)  This exercise is designed to confront your time wasters such as talking on the phone, playing with your blackberry, watching TV, aimlessly shopping, isolating yourself through work or other means, blogging...

  • While I'm busy documenting how I spend my time during an entire week I'll continue on with the other exercises...
     3. Excercise 3 - Goals - Included in the book is a complete list of ten goals of the course; pick out the goals you want to meet and the approximate date for meeting them:
  • Create an exciting love intention or affirmation
  • Create greater self-esteem, deservedness and self-love
  • Break out of deadly dating patterns and create a successful dating program of three
  • Move up the ladder to better men
  • Meet someone who has tremendous potential for a love relationship with you and graduate from the program of three
  • Declare love for each other
  • Talk seriously with your beloved about what each of you needs and wants in a fulfilling love relationship
  • Creating a loving win-win contract that gives each of you roots (stability and dedication) and wings (fulfilling your dreams)
  • Commit to moving in together or getting engaged to your beloved
  • Marry or make a lifetime commitment to live out your dreams together
I think the first five sound like pretty good goals to me and I hope to complete them within this 90 day period that I should be able to find love....

     4. Exercise 4 - The contract....there is actually a copy of the contract in the book to help commit yourself to this program.  Need I say more?

And finally I come to the homework section...I need to sign up for two ongoing classes or activities that interests me and have lots of men in them.  Some examples given were investing, rock climbing, golfing, coed city sports, etc.  She even suggested to check into meetup.com; I'm already involved with that, but maybe I should look into some different groups.  Habitat for Humanity was also mentioned and it just so happens I signed up for a meetup where they are doing the habitat for humanity next month!  I have been wanting to check out those poker games hosted at a couple local bars around town and I'm told there's tons of men there; I think that would be a good start!  Anyone have any other suggestions?

Homework assignment number 2: Find and say hello to three new men every day.  That could prove to be a bit difficult if I happen to not go out for one evening, but let's see how that goes...

Homework assignment number 3 - Find or create a fun event for this week that exposes you to a whole new network of people, preferably a network with a lot of men.  Does my concert in Wendover count?  I'm heading out Friday night to see Blue Oyster Cult and Foghat and will be spending the night...there was a suggestion to volunteer for a pet adoption day at the park that sounds interesting; I really should volunteer more...

And finally the last homework assignment is to date online; this one is in the bag since I just joined a couple sites a few weeks ago.  Yeah!  One assignment down...three more to go!  

Wow...that's a lot for one chapter?!?  Here goes nothing....

No comments:

Post a Comment