Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Dating Updates...1

At least the reason I'm so slow at posting and updating this blog is because I'm busy dating...so the least I can do is post the adventures of that as well.  Per the book I've joined several online dating sites and due to my previous experience with online dating, let's just say that's a service I refuse to pay for...yet, somehow I got duped into eHarmony with their free communication event; turns out the only free part is their guided communication and you can't see any pictures or email anyone! So after spending all that time putting my profile together I figured I'd pay just for one month...

I've been out with a few guys on a date and then never heard back from them; chemistry wasn't there.  One gentleman I met in person while playing poker, but left the bar feeling a little creeped out when I realized he knew my full name, the approximate coordinates of where I live and that I live alone...it's one thing trying to get to know someone, but another when you're coming off as a stalker.  I did give him my number and the subsequent texts weren't much better: "Whatup girlie whatchu doing tonight" which I received about 9:30 at night; well I'm actually out on the town, thanks, but didn't bother to respond...

I received several texts asking what I was doing or how my week was looking and we had a hard time finding a mutual time to get together and when we finally did I felt he was pushing all the decisions on me instead of just looking for feedback: "What time," "where you wanna meet." That put me off so I decided I wasn't interested in going out with someone who couldn't put much effort into a date after asking me out!  After ignoring a few texts asking "Whatup for tomorrow" and "Hey girl what's good today," I figured I should probably say something and finally told him I wasn't feeling it and didn't appreciate him making me come up with all the ideas.  I also told him he needed to put a little more thought and effort into it when you ask someone out instead of just "what time" and "where."

He replies back "Don't worry ill plan something nice for us when are you free. I get of work at 530. I'll come pick you up after work." Ewww! I was already uncomfortable and feeling a little creeped out; I'll be damned if I'm going to let him know where I work too already!!  So I told him something came up and wouldn't be able to make it tonight; we could try again later this week and that I would rather meet him somewhere...

At this point I was already given advice by my girlfriends if I was still going to go out with him that I should bring a friend and make it a double date...not really sure why I was still even trying to make a date happen, but maybe it was because I didn't really know him and was trying to give him the benefit of the doubt.  Anyway, we rescheduled for Thu and I didn't hear from him until the night before when he asked me if I was getting ready for tomorrow.  Not knowing what the plan was I mentioned he hasn't asked me my opinion on anything and offered to make some suggestions and then informed him that I'd be bringing a friend and her date for a double date thing to which he responds "well if it's a double date that changes the dynamic. What kind of stuff you like todo"

I asked him what he meant by changing the dynamic even though I had a sneaky suspicion what he meant, which I wasn't impressed with for a first date thought and then listed some activities I enjoy.  His only response was "Nice Nice" and then I didn't hear from him all day the next day, which was the day we were going out.  As I left work I told my friend not to worry about the double date, because I didn't hear from him all day so I wasn't going to bother going out with him and then went out with the girls for martini night.  He finally sends a text at about 6:30 saying "are we still gonna do this tonight i gotsome sweeet stuff lined up." To the girls prompting, I responded asking him to define sweet stuff and his response was I would just have to see for myself.

Finally fed up with this whole thing I told him I didn't think this was going to work and said my friend made other plans since I didn't hear back from him and couldn't tell her what was going on tonight and that I think we should cut our losses and move on.  He responds, "lol what you scared togo out by yourself" (he asked, so...) I told him yes and that he asked way too personal questions the night I met him and was creeped out.  I don't know if he thought I was flirting/joking but his response was "lol don't make me laugh" and I guess when I didn't respond he must have figured out I wasn't, because then I get a text telling me "oh well your loss."

LOL - And here's the kicker...I hear from him again about four days later, "Let's hook up for some drinks this week." Hmmm, maybe it's not my loss?  And then a few days later I get a voicemail from him saying, "Hey, give me a call back; I need to talk to ya. I have a proposition for ya..."  Really?! After all that you think I'm interested in a proposition???

On the bright side, my date last night looks much more promising...he took me to the gun range, which was my very first time handling/shooting a gun and that was a blast!  I like different ideas and learning new things...

No comments:

Post a Comment